Thursday, August 14, 2008

An endorsement I'm honored to have

I have no doubt that the local newspaper will endorse my opponent, to protect the political machine that has run "justice" in the 198th district for thirty years. After all, the local paper is part of the machine, and won't even report the real news, like a hardcore child molester getting a slap on the wrist (see my post about Roger Locke). Seems if someone has a lot of money he can buy his way out of trouble.

I am honored that a citizen like Charlie Vela would endorse me. His mother was murdered and her killer is still free because Sutton and my opponent would rather spend the taxpayer's money on luxury trips to Hawaii than bring a killer to justice. here is Mr. Vela's endorsement:

Help Seek Justice

Before this election season I couldn't have cared less who won. But right before the primary, I learned some disturbing news about mom's case. My mom was murdered by my stepdad in March of 1991. My stepdad fled to Mexico. The DA Ron Sutton (DA since 1991) never summitted the documents to get a warrant issued in Mexico. The reason I called asking about a warrant for my stepdad is because I just saw a news clipping where they mentioned they had issued a warrant for a marine who killed his fellow colleague. That prompted me to start asking questions. I called DA Ron Sutton and Sheriff Hierholzer in Jan 2008 only to be ignored, until April 2008 when I was able to get the attention of the news media who came down to interview me. One week after the story hit the news, the sheriff decided his Dept. had the funds to pay for the translation. To this day I still keep getting the same answer: "The Warrant is Being Processed". The DA Ron Sutton is retiring this Nov. and his assistant, Amos Barton, is seeking his position. If you live in Kerr County, please don't vote for this man. He was aware of what was going on. The FBI agent spoke to Amos back in 2005 about this case and still nothing was done.The reason nothing was ever done because the both of them (Ron Sutton and Amos Barton)have it set in their minds the Mexican Government won't help. But how will you know if you don't try?
The only person who has seemed to care since day one, when I first apporached him about this is the one person we need for change here in Kerr County. That person is none other than Rick Ellison. He has being posting blogs about my mom's case,and that means a lot to me. The local paper won't even publish the story; I thought they were suppose to report the news. So please help me get Rick's name out there - just put yourself in my situation. I would not want anyone to have to go through the pain of losing a parent at a very young age, then 17 years later having to fight the county just to make them issue the proper documents to get a warrant issued in Mexico. They don't know the pain I felt at 12, and now the pain I am still feeling at 29. Its like taking the scabs off an old wound. So Please help me seek Justice by electing Rick Ellison for DA.

No comments: